If you want to know how to build a gazebo, you have come to the right place. There is a sense of satisfaction when you succeed in building something, especially a beautiful gazebo. There are so many types and shapes of gazebo you can choose, but hexagonal gazebo always owns a special place in the heart of gazebo lovers. Hexagonal gazebo is quirky yet elegant in its own way. If you are interested in building your own hexagonal gazebo, let’s read this simple guide from moderngazebo.com to help you.
Choosing Gazebo Plans
Choosing the best plans for a gazebo needs time and consideration. Before making the final decision, make sure that the shape and design of the gazebo is suitable with the size and atmosphere of your yard. If you are choosing hexagonal gazebo, you are lucky since the shape and design is the perfect one for any yard type. This is the one type of best gazebo ideas for a backyard. Don’t forget to consider the cost too. The choices of wood and other material will influence the cost for your gazebo plan. Since you want to build the gazebo by yourself, maybe you can consider a pre-manufactured gazebo kit. It is easy and very recommended for novice gazebo makers.
Step by Step Guide to Build a Six-sided Gazebo
- Learning how to build gazebo must begin in preparing the materials. Make sure all the woods are cut in precision. For example, cut wood 8 feet (or in meters) for 8 x 8 gazebo and always read manual carefully.
- After you decide the best location for your gazebo, start by securing the base. Arrange the panels and secure them firmly to make the floor sturdier.
- Erect the 6 posts and glue them to the base using cement to make them firmly stand. You are free to determine the heights of the posts.
- Attach the walls or the bracing beam to the posts. If you are using a pre-manufactured gazebo kit, it is best to attach a gusset in the overlapping section between the wall and the post to make sure the position is solid.
- Now we are ready to install the upper part. Attach the 6 beams you have cut earlier and attach it to the upper part of the posts.
- Prepare other beams to make the shape of roof you desire. Make sure both the angles are right and then you can start attaching the sheeting panels. Don’t forget to secure the edges.
- After all the beams and roofing materials are perfectly attached, you can start installing the shingles. It is best to start from the bottom and move until all parts are covered.
- After all the important materials are installed, and you can see the shape of your gazebo, it is time to add windows or screen panels if you want to. If you are using pre-cut gazebo kit, this process is done at the end. But if you are building from scratch, you can decide when you need to install the windows.
- Don’t forget to personalize your gazebo. You can paint and polish it with your favorite colors and put comfortable lounge chairs there. Have fun building your gazebo with this manual on how to build a gazebo.