A modern gazebo can look fancy and elegant in the middle of a garden or maybe even the otherwise. Depending on the design as well as how it fits with its surrounding, it can be a wonderful sight or a misfit. When a homeowner wishes to build a good gazebo within the garden, there is a need to think and consider a variety of things for the best looking design. A gazebo is not a mere structure standing without particular functions. When it has been decided to build one, there must be a reason for it to stand. Of course, other things about the gazebo need to be considered as well.
white modern gazebo images with sofa
Types of Gazebo
Gazebos are gazebos. They’re a structure independently standing in the middle of a yard. That much is a common sense but actually gazebo can be divided into multiple categories depending on various things like the size, shape and others. Modern gazebo is usually rectangular shaped. But in reality, there are only two types to be considered regardless size, style and other things those can be considered later.
- Permanent Gazebos – These gazebos are the ones built to be a part of a garden aesthetic. The gazebos will be difficult to be moved around or even cannot be moved as the foundation was dipped into the ground. These are the most common type of gazebos found as many people think of gazebos as a part of home outdoor aesthetic. Proper planning will be necessary in order to make sure that the gazebos will be a good addition for the outdoor aesthetic and won’t be disappointing because disassembling it will be a great bother.
wooden modern gazebo designs
- Temporary Gazebos – As can be easily guessed, these gazebos are the ones built for a particular length of time without the intention to be kept for a long time. These gazebos will usually pop up in the garden as a part of an event such as a wedding party with the wedding gazebos in the garden or many other events done outside of a building. In the outdoor events, the temporary gazebos will be great thing and they can be easily assembled and disassembled.
Building a Gazebo at Home
Now, there are quite a lot of people out there who wish to build a gazebo in their own garden. The gazebo can be a modern gazebo or even the gazebo with other style. A modern outdoor gazebo is not as popular as the gazebos in other styling. That being said, modern gazebos are getting more and more popular. In order to build the good gazebo, plenty of things need to be properly considered. A plan is needed for both temporary gazebos and the permanent gazebos. All are done to get best aesthetic.
luxury and modern wooden gazebo
white modern gazebo ideas
- Gazebo’s Size – The first thing that needs to be considered while planning to build a gazebo is size. It’s important to make sure that the size will fit the available space within the garden or anywhere the gazebo will be placed. It can be an 8 X 8 gazebo or even more than that. Don’t be lazy and properly measure the available space. Without proper measurements, the gazebo might be too big and look out of place or even too small for the initial purpose of building the gazebo.
- Designs and Styles – It goes without saying that design and style will be important. The plan must include the expected design from particular style. For example, the gazebo will be a minimalistic modern gazebo design. Imagine how the gazebo will look like. In order to achieve good design, aside of considering the size and styling, try to consider purpose of gazebo as well. Sometimes, people prefer pergola gazebo that can be decorated by growing vines to form a roof. Sometimes the roof is made of fabric. For more inspiration, checking pictures of gazebo designs for backyard can be considered.
- Gazebo Materials – Most people are more familiar with the wooden gazebo even when it has modern styling (a modern gazebo made of wood isn’t half bad). Woods are beautiful and very common material being used to build gazebo. Plenty of gazebos even the modern outdoor gazebo is made with woods as the main material. Woods are relatively easy to work with and the beauty after the gazebos are finished cannot be underestimated. There is no wonder that people choose woods as the material for gazebos in combination with other materials like stone.
Stone gazebo can be a good idea. Of course, the stones will be the ones founding the base while the upper part will be the beautiful woods. Woods and stones make a good combination. Another good material to be used is metal. The metal used for gazebo frames (especially those will be exposed to weather from time to time) are usually wrought iron.
simple modern gazebo designs and plans
romantic modern glass gazebo decoration in the night
Building Gazebo with Gazebo Kits
Custom gazebos will certainly take time for planning and building. One way that can be tried for a simpler process of building gazebo is by grabbing gazebo kits. These gazebo kits have already been prepared. They might be fully built or even need to be assembled a little bit more. What needs to be done is to check the available varieties o gazebos. There will be various designs for various sizes and prices. For example, one may want an 8 X 12 gazebo and he needs to check the options of this size to see if any of them fit his wish.
modern rooftop gazebo design picture
modern gazebo plans for backyard
modern gazebo canopy
Decorating a Gazebo
After the gazebo is finished, it’s time to decorate it. Gazebo decorations depend on the initial purpose. For most of the time, a gazebo is built to be used as a place to relax. A couple of chairs or even comfortable couches will be great. Sometimes, the gazebo will be clear of furniture and will have only a rug and a couple of pillows. Sometimes, people want it to be more than that. For example, a modern gazebo is meant to be an outdoor bard where people can come and relax while enjoying beverages.
You can see all about gazebos and pergolas from moderngazebo.com here